Saturday, September 29, 2007

REVIEW: Metroid Prime 3 corruption

I am a huge fan of metroid. I have played them all, yes even the handheld versions. One thing that always sucked about metroid when it went 1st person shooter is the controls. you CANT play a 1st person shooter decently when you use the silly joysticks to aim. when I played online in Quake 3 against Xbox players I always kicked their butts fast when I was on a PC. the mouse kicks the crud out of a controller hands down in shooters. This version using the Wii controllers makes it a LOT better but it still needs help. you have to hit the edges of the screen to turn your view, ICK. I really wished they did it more like Quake where your crosshairs are ALWAYS center and you always aim your view. But that is the ONLY part bad about the game that you get used to fast. Let's just say that when I rented the game I did not realize that 8 hours had passed until I stopped for a bathroom break. Yes it's that engaging, the graphics are great and push the Wii to the edge. the gameplay and storyline is incredible. My only concern and the ONLY star lost is due to replayability. after you finish it the game will sit and rot. Unlike the other games that are multiplayer, this ine is done when you are done. Quake 4 and Doom 3 are exactly the same. zero replayability after you finish the game.

This get's 4 stars. I'll buy it when it hits $39.95. if you are a hardcore gamer, it is a must buy.

No comments: