Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Game Review: Wii Mario Kart edition.

I am a HUGE fan of mario Kart. I own every single version and when I got my hands on the Wii version I was disappointed. it's no better than Mario Kart DS or Gamecube version. Even though they have a TON more space on the DVD they do not include enough tracks to keep the game incredibly interesting. Some of the dynamics are a little better but in the end the game was more playable when you change the config so you use the nunchuck hat to steer and it simply looks like the Gamecube version and feels like it.

I am overall disappointed with it. They could have fit 100 tracks in there instead of the 20 they give you and the battle arenas need a crap-load more of them, plus bring back some of the awesome arenas from the N64 version.

3 out of 5 stars. I'll get it when it's under $40.00.

NOTE: yes ther eare more than 20 tracks, I discovered some I had to unlock, but the DVD could hold hundreds of tracks and make the game playable for a long time or they could have added a track editor for some real fun.

1 comment:

The App Chap said...

There are 32 tracks, including a few from the N64. The online rocks.